Title: ERM: One Actuary’s Perspective
Speakers: Chris Gross, Gross Consulting
Enterprise Risk Management for Property/Casualty Insurers is a challenging and rewarding area of actuarial practice, with many potential approaches to the problem.
Concentration on technical details can sometimes lead to overlooking the primary strategic goals and the economic benefits of such analysis. In this presentation, Chris Gross will offer his personal opinions regarding good and bad ERM approaches, at a strategic level. Some of these ideas may seem out of step with common practice, or even downright heretical, such as:
- – tail risk measures are inferior; and
- – constrained optimization is sub-optimal,
but the rationale for them will be provided.
Alternative viewpoints and discussion from the audience are welcome. We hope to have a lively discussion!
Register at http://www.cgconsult.com/MuSigma
Watch Previous Webinars
- 2020-06 Data Visualization for Actuaries
- 2020-05 From What to Why: Delivering Meaning From the Model
- 2020-04: Predictive Modeling Targets (You May Not Have Considered)
- 2020-03: Actuarial Case Reserves
- 2020-02 Topic Modeling Using LDA
Presented by Gross Consulting, the MuSigma Webinar Series is an excellent opportunity for actuaries and insurance professionals to engage in free, interactive, and relevant content designed to provide quality continuing education.