Jeff brings his over 25 years of P&C insurance experience as an actuarial and data leader to help clients utilize the optimal data and technology to meet their analytical needs.
Prior to joining Gross Consulting, Jeff founded Sync Oasis LLC. Sync Oasis LLC helps insurance enterprises build analytical data platforms, both on-premises and in the cloud. An analytical data platform pulls data from various sources into a common data platform, where data is prepared once. This single source of the truth, which is ready made for analytics, provides the following benefits:
- Data is integrated and standardized as if it came from the same source
- Data Quality is applied to clean the data
- Data structure is flexible to accommodate easily new data sources or changing data sources
- Data is merged / matched to provide Customer 360 views (upon request)
- Data structure is organized around real physical entities, such as homes, cars, people, etc. (upon request)
- Queries can pull attributes at a particular point in time or as they were when the transaction occurred
- Query results can be repeated, even many months after the original query was run
- Business logic is managed by the analytical users through table driven logic
Jeff brings these capabilities with him to Gross Consulting.
Prior to founding Sync Oasis LLC, Jeff practiced at AIG working on various data and technology initiatives within the actuarial department. Jeff has held a variety of actuarial roles, most recently as the US Loss Reserving Lead in North America for QBE Insurance. Jeff was also the Chief Actuary for Balboa Insurance Group and a Regional Actuary at The St. Paul Companies. Jeff has worked with a wide variety of lines of business, from typical lines like homeowners, personal auto, general liability, and workers compensation to less common lines like fidelity bond, D&O, service contracts, and credit.