10 Reasons Why Every Actuary Should Learn Python
Speakers: Jeff White and Alex Walrath, Gross Consulting
In 2021, Excel remains the tool of choice for actuaries. Most actuarial processes and analyses are managed in our many, complex spreadsheets. We often stretch the limits of this tool, and why not, you might ask? Excel is very versatile and user friendly.
In this age of digital everything and copious amounts of data, we believe the time is right to expand your toolkit. But to what? There are many competing and compelling choices. But as the title suggests, we think the time is right to commit to Python. This webinar will cover 10 reasons why Python should be your second tool and include practical demonstrations of Python in use.
Register at http://www.cgconsult.com/MuSigma
Watch Previous Webinars
- 2021-03: Towards A Holistic Approach for Managing Reserve Risk
- 2021-02: Get the Most Out of Your Test Data
- 2021-01: What’s It Worth? Quantifying the Impact of Predictive Models
- 2020-12: Assigning “Minimum Variance” Weights to Reserve Methods
- 2020-11: Identically Distributed? Don’t Bet On It!
- 2020-10: Building a Cloud Data Analytics Platform
- 2020-09: Practical Predictive Modeling for New Modelers (and Their Managers)
- 2020-08: The Biggest Problem With Your Pricing Model…
- 2020-07: ERM: One Actuary’s Perspective
- 2020-06: Data Visualization for Actuaries
- 2020-05: From What to Why: Delivering Meaning From the Model
- 2020-04: Predictive Modeling Targets (You May Not Have Considered)
- 2020-03: Actuarial Case Reserves
- 2020-02: Topic Modeling Using LDA
Presented by Gross Consulting, the MuSigma Webinar Series is an excellent opportunity for actuaries and insurance professionals to engage in free, interactive, and relevant content designed to provide quality continuing education.