A Primer on Federal Crop Insurance
Speaker: Tim Davis
Federal Crop insurance is an unusual and seldom visited corner of the Property Casualty Insurance Market. And yet, this $10 billion industry has become a cornerstone of US Farm Policy and offers a myriad of diverse and interesting challenges for actuaries to overcome.
This MuSigma presentation will present a brief history of the Federal crop insurance program; outline the major goals of the program; demonstrate how coverage is established and rated; and discuss the unique characteristics of the risks, interactions of public and private entities, and reinsurance arrangements which drive underwriting and actuarial decisions.
Register at http://www.cgconsult.com/MuSigma
Watch Previous Webinars
- 2021-04: 10 Reasons Why Every Actuary Should Know Python
- 2021-03: Towards A Holistic Approach for Managing Reserve Risk
- 2021-02: Get the Most Out of Your Test Data
- 2021-01: What’s It Worth? Quantifying the Impact of Predictive Models
- 2020-12: Assigning “Minimum Variance” Weights to Reserve Methods
- 2020-11: Identically Distributed? Don’t Bet On It!
- 2020-10: Building a Cloud Data Analytics Platform
- 2020-09: Practical Predictive Modeling for New Modelers (and Their Managers)
- 2020-08: The Biggest Problem With Your Pricing Model…
- 2020-07: ERM: One Actuary’s Perspective
- 2020-06: Data Visualization for Actuaries
- 2020-05: From What to Why: Delivering Meaning From the Model
- 2020-04: Predictive Modeling Targets (You May Not Have Considered)
- 2020-03: Actuarial Case Reserves
- 2020-02: Topic Modeling Using LDA
Presented by Gross Consulting, the MuSigma Webinar Series is an excellent opportunity for actuaries and insurance professionals to engage in free, interactive, and relevant content designed to provide quality continuing education.